Wednesday, 24 April 2013

flora top finished whoop whooop

I have eventually finished the top layer of my piece for the Flora exhibition.
I still have to layer it with some wadding and backing fabric and then quilt it in some way (which I haven't finally decided).

Here it is pinned to the back of my bathroom door, which I have come to the conclusion is the brightest area for taking photos unless I venture outside.
This also allows you to see the scale of it.

Some details..


Saturday, 13 April 2013

Now it's 12 out of 16, not bad.

I seem to be making progress with my 'flora' wallhanging.
I had intended to have 20 floral pieces 5 along and 4 down. 
However, I think that the dimensions of the final piece will work better with 4 across and 4 down.
So I have 4 more to make.

I am quite pleased with how it's looking so far. I love the colours.

There is still a lot of work to be done.
But i will let you know how I'm getting on.

The sewing room is a disaster. Fabric and thread everywhere. But heyho. 
Just keeping the door closed.


Oh I nearly forgot....



Pamela, one of my friends from the Merville sewing group, made this absolutely gorgeous cushion.
I love it, and I want one.

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Jayne's Quilt

After a frenzy of stipple quilting that I think gave me motion sickness for a while... the quilt got finished last night.

I washed it at 30 degrees and hung it on the line. Then popped it in the tumble dryer for half an hour.
It came out lovely,  just ready for folding and wrapping.

I used different strips of the Amy Butler jelly roll to bind the quilt. Love a scrappy binding!
The reverse is a pale blue with red spot Cath Kidston print from Ikea.

Ok, you get the picture.
I got a bit carried away taking photos.
Even this rook was fair game.