Monday 4 February 2013

I want a sewing room fit for Homes And Gardens.

I have been working full time for the past few weeks and so haven't been on here in a while.
But I'm off for a few days now so no excuses. Except my sewing room isn't my favourite place at the moment because it looks like this....


Ok, it looks like this 99% of the time. But I want it to be different. I want a sewing room to be proud of.



I have too much stuff. Everything is kept. Magazines for reference, patchwork books, painting books, postcards, textured packaging (to take rubbings onto paper or fabric), foam packaging (to print with), plastic packaging (to make patchwork templates) jam jars, even old ornaments that no other room will have. 
I will photograph the art room as it is called in our house on Friday and it will be transformed. Today is Monday. I think I could manage a transformation in 4 days.
Then I will be a happier sewer and not feel that everything is falling on top of me.


This is the design wall at the mo. I have progressed a bit with my 'flora' project. These 4 strips are the border of the piece. I don't know why I started with the border, but why not I suppose. 
Each strip is 3.5 inches wide.




The technique is called Contemporary Crazy I think, but don't quote me on that.
I will do a tutorial on this some time this week, in between the tidying and decluttering.
I love the result.

And I also love this if I do say so myself......




This is a cot quilt I made for possibly the cutest most gorgeous 6 month old girl in the world. This is for Hannah.
I used up material that I already had in my scrap pile along with a few strips from a jelly roll. I love the soft colours. And I also love the way the stipple quilting gives a lovely texture after it has been through the washing machine. Like an old, loved, antique quilt.


A few other things on the design wall at the moment, related to the flora project and remnants of past projects...






Our speaker at the Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild meeting on Saturday, Jane Winters had a photo of herself taken in a mirror.  So I thought I would do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment