Wednesday 13 February 2013

Not sure about this.

                                                                        Flora


This is where I am with my flora piece.
Not sure about it.
Hadn't planned a painted centre.
The idea would be to applique over this and let the painting be in the background.


I will move forward with it and try some machine stitching and whatever.
It may go well or it may not.
We will see.
I had other ideas for the flora piece to start out with.....



Perhaps I could incorporate these spirals and petals and dots into the piece in some way. Maybe bringing the stitched spirals out into the crazy pieced border. 
That could work.

It could all go pear shaped.
Or it could be fantastic.
I won't know until I try it.
I am sounding very negative today. Sorry.

My friend Jayne rang me last night to tell me that her and her partner of nearly 20 years have decided to get married. On the 5th of April this year. 
I would love to make her a quilt. 

So Beth's quilt will have to wait a little longer.

I wish it would stop raining.
It's putting me in bad form.

1 comment:

  1. hi angela, I know it will be fantastic! i like the idea of keeping a journal for each piece, ali

    ReplyDelete